Thursday, August 30, 2012

My sister lives in Mississippi, down by the gulf. I have only seen her 3 times in our adult hood. It takes 16 to 21 hours to drive. Takes a full 24 hours on a train, then to get a ride from someone in her family (if a car is running) My sister is very poor, however she is rich in the adoptive family  she has. My mother took her away when she was 9 and I was 19. My mother has been in Louisiana Correctional Institute for Women since 1982 .Murder 2, mandatory life and she sure as hell deserves it. My mother left me when I was 8, left with Vicky's father. One of many who did not work out.

I love my sister, she is the only family I have and this is a painting of everything, I collected during my last trip to Mississippi,  just one year after the hurricane , Katrina, blew the gulf away. I miss my Vicky Anne Necaise.

No comments:

Post a Comment